What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Personal Identifiers: Contact information and account information, such as your name, username, password, e-mail address, and phone number that you provide to us when you create a user account or otherwise use the Services.
- Demographic Information: We collect age and date of birth.
- Employment Information: We collect employment and education history from job applicants.
- Log Data: We receive log data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our website, sign into our Services, interact with us by email. We may also receive log data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services. Our servers may record certain log data such as search terms, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring / exit pages and URLs, browsing history, number of clicks and how you interacted with the Services, domain names, landing pages, location, mobile carrier, device information, and other related information.
How do we use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your personal identifiers, and employment and education information to:
- To register and create your account
- To provide you with the Service
- Communicate with you about the Service
- To process your application for employment
- Analytical Purposes: We use your personal identifiers, log data, and demographic information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics. We also use this information to create aggregate and anonymized information.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your personal identifiers, demographic information, and log data to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes; and
- Provide you with other information from and about our Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Service: We use log data to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) log data and location data to improve, customize and enhance the Service by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your personal identifiers and log data to protect the Service, our Companies, and others and to prevent fraud, theft, and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect personal identifiers, demographic information, and employment information directly from you. This includes when you register for an account, submit an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion, or when you submit your Personal Information to us on the Service or Website.
- We collect information about you from third parties. We collect your Personal Information from third parties, such as through our service providers.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect log data passively from your device and through using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below.
-> You can choose to disable cookies through your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and other parties that assist us in our operations. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Company.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
How do we store and process your information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
How can you opt-out or manage the information you have provided to us?
If you are a registered user of our Services, you may access, update, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account by logging into your account settings. You may also unsubscribe from marketing e-mail communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. If you wish to opt out of text messages from us, you may reply “STOP” from the mobile device receiving the messages. You understand and agree that you may continue to receive communications from us while we process your opt-out requests, and you may also receive a communication confirming the receipt of your opt-out requests.
If your account is terminated or otherwise deactivated, whether by Commons Clinic, yourself, or anyone else, your data (including your profile information) and content will no longer be accessible through your account, but that data and content may persist and appear within the Services.
Commons Clinic does not currently employ a process for automatically responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. Per industry standards, third parties may be able to collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use the Services. You also may limit certain tracking by disabling cookies in your web browser.
Third Party Links and Services
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. If you have any questions regarding these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request additional information to respond to or fulfill any requests regarding your rights under applicable laws or regulations. We do not share personal information about you that we collect through the Services unless permitted or required by law or we have your permission in the form of an affirmative, written authorization. We do not sell personal information to third parties, and we do not share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Commons Clinic does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions and Feedback